Temporary Utah Insurance License
The Utah Insurance Department has found a solution to momentary testing center closures in the form of Commissioner Order 2020-1, which allows candidates to apply for temporary insurance licenses. Mountain CE can help temporary licensees obtain their required training using the following steps:
- Visit https://www.mountaince.com/pre-licensing
- Choose the temporary licensee’s new line(s) of insurance in the “Select Your Exam” menu
- Scroll down to Option #3 and click “ADD TO CART”
- “Proceed to Checkout”
- If the temporary licensee is someone other than the purchaser, uncheck the “I am the student” box and fill out the student information
- After your purchase, click “My Courses” at the top of the page
- The new licensee must study the courses listed for an aggregate period of 40 hours
- Visit https://www.sircon.com/products/apply.jsp
- Complete the temporary license application
- Choose “New Insurance License” and click “Resident”
- For “Licence Type,” select “Temp Resident Producer Indv”
- On the Temporary Resident Producer Questions page, mark “Yes” on Question 3
- After making your payment, attach a completed copy of the Certification of Compliance with Temporary License Requirements form
- Allow at least 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Look out for communication from the Utah Insurance Department notifying of a temporary license’s future termination date
- When available, schedule the exam at https://www.prometric.com/utah/insurance and continue studying the Mountain CE online course
*If you are a sponsor and would like to review your temporary license candidate’s course progress, please email email@example.com to request permission to do so through your Mountain CE profile.
**Our students are guaranteed full course access until they are are able to pass the state exam. Online course access will not expire until 60 days after testing centers have re-opened. Even then, we will continue to renew a student’s online course access until he or she passes the test.
This is an evolving situation. We will keep you updated as new details about this process emerge.