If the commissioner makes a finding that a person has engaged in unacceptable behavior, the commissioner may issue the following disciplinary actions:
- Revoke the person’s license; this means the license is taken away indefinitely or for a long period of time; if a time period is specified on the order to revoke, it cannot exceed 5 years;
- Suspend the person’s license; this means the license is taken away temporarily, an order to suspend can be for a specified period of 12 months or less;
- Place the licensee on probation for a period not to exceed 24 months; this means the licensee is allowed to keep their license, but the licensee’s actions will be monitored by the Utah Insurance Department during the probation period;
- Limit in whole or in part a license or a line of authority; or
- Deny a license application.