An organization is not required to comply with the National Do Not Call Registry law if it is a nonprofit organization or only makes phone calls that fall within these exempt categories:
- Informational messages;
- Surveys or political polls;
- Promoting a political party or candidate;
- Business-to-business calls;
- Solicitations for charitable contributions;
- Calls to consumers who have an established business relationship; or
- Calls to consumers who have given their written permission to receive telemarketing calls.